Featured Vacation RentalHigh Tech meets High Sierras! Granite Ridge Retreat with workshop/meeting room.
Vacation Rental Agreement
GUESTS DEFINED: Responsible renter whose name is listed on the Vacation Rental Confirmation and all other occupants in unit rented. Guests agree as follows:
1. RESERVATIONS: Reservations will be accepted by phone or our website. An initial payment of $200 is required at time of booking if your reservation is more than 60 days out. If your arrival date is within 60 days, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve the unit along with this signed agreement. A $125.00 processing fee is automatically charged upon booking each reservation, $55.00 of which is non- refundable, should the reservation be cancelled.
2. DEPOSITS: All reservations require a security deposit. Upon arrival, your credit card will be charged $350.00 - $1,500.00 depending on the unit you rented. Your deposit will be returned to you in the form we received it, within 28 days of your departure, providing there are no damages. Cash will not be mailed.
3. CANCELLATION FEE: $25.00 in addition to $55.00 of the processing fee ($80.00 total). If less than 60 days notice is given, one half (1/2) of the rent is forfeited. Less than 30 days notice, full rent is forfeited.
4. PAYMENT: We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Checks are accepted so long as we receive payment in our office at least 60 days prior to arrival. There will be a $100.00 charge for all returned checks. Make checks payable to “K & K Property Management”. All reservations must be paid in full within 60 days of arrival. **All prices quoted are subject to change.**
5. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE: Rental occupancy begins at 3:00 PM. Keys will only be released to the responsible party unless advance arrangements have been made. Check-out time is 12:00 PM. Guest(s) agree that late check-outs are subject to an additional night’s rent being charged automatically.
6. KEY PICK-UP: Keys are available at the K & K Property Management office. If you plan to arrive before 5:00 PM, you will pick up your keys inside our office from the front desk. If you plan to arrive later than 5:00 PM, your keys will be waiting in front of the Pinnacle Realtors office in a drop box. (So long as your reservation is paid for and signed paperwork has been received in advance.) Please notify K & K Property Management staff of late arrival.
7. PET POLICY: Most of our cabins do not allow pets; however, we have certain cabins that do allow them. A $100 non-refundable pet fee is required in those cabins that allow pets. Please check with our rental representative before you make your reservations if you plan to bring a pet. If pets or signs of pets are found anywhere on the premises that you have rented that does not allow them, your entire security deposit in addition to the non-refundable pet deposit is forfeited.
8. NO SMOKING: All of K&K Property Management properties are non-smoking units. Costs to remedy smoke odor and/or damage are charged back to the renter. Renter will be charged a fee for any extra clean-up of cigarette butts on the premises rented.
9. CLEANING: The standard cleaning fee for your cabin is non-refundable. If you have ANY concerns with regards to the cleanliness of your cabin/condo, we must be notified within the first 24 hours of your arrival. Reporting repairs or areas that need cleaning does not give Guests the right to cancel this agreement, ask for a discount or receive a refund of any payments made. Prior to departure, please take your left over food with you or throw it away. Also, please make sure that all the dishes in the dishwasher or sink are clean and put away. Please have all trash bagged and placed either in the kitchen or garage area.
10. LINENS: K&K Property Management offers a linen service. Linens are defined as sheets and pillow cases. Towels/wash cloths are included in this service. The fee for this service depends on which unit you rent. Upon arrival to the unit you rented, the linens will already be placed on the corresponding bed. Prior to departure, please strip the beds of the linens and place them all in one pile. We also require you to remake the beds at this point. A charge will go against your security deposit if there are any unmade beds.
11. DAMAGES: Tenant is responsible for damages to owners' property that occurs during their stay. If the item(s) are able to be repaired, tenant is financially responsible for reimbursement of those charges, even if damage costs exceed the security deposit amount. If the item(s) are damaged beyond repair, tenant is financially responsible for full replacement cost of the item(s). Weather mishaps are not considered damages caused by tenants.
12. WHAT TO BRING: Please bring any special pots and pans you can’t do without, plus all bed sheets, pillow cases and towels required for your family’s bath and kitchen use. Also, bring paper goods (toilet tissue, paper towels, etc.) All toiletries, dish soap, trash bags and cleaning supplies. If you use something of the owners, please replace it before leaving. Pillows, blankets, most cooking supplies and utensils are provided for the number of people your rental accommodates. Bring tire chains and a snow shovel during the winter months.
13. OCCUPANCY: Should we become aware that you have more people in your rental than are specified on your information sheet, guest(s) agrees that deposit is forfeited. This is strictly enforced! We also reserve the right to require any people over the allowed amount in the cabin to leave. We hope this will not become necessary. Parking space is limited in most of the rentals therefore car pooling is strongly suggested. Cabins will be periodically checked for occupancy.
14. CONDO RENTAL: There is an additional deposit of $125.00 for the gate/pool access card. If the card is not returned at departure, your deposit will be forfeited. As these areas are residential, you are required to follow all noise ordinances. Failure to do so could result in early departure.
15. IF THIS CABIN/CONDO IS FOR
16. MISHAPS/WEATHER: K & K Property Management and the homeowner will not be responsible for appliance failures, frozen pipes, unplowed roads, power or telephone outages due to the elements. Guests acknowledge that there are no discounts/refunds for tenant dissatisfaction, inconveniences due to weather, natural disasters, road conditions, utility disruption or mechanical failure of appliances or heating/cooling units. In the event a problem does occur, K & K Property Management will do everything possible to solve the issue however, you must notify us immediately. After-the-fact complaints will not be addressed. Cancellation due to lack of snow or lake level is not acceptable under our cancellation policy. K & K Property Management will do the best we can to describe the cabin/condo to you over the phone. Previewing our rentals on our website is strongly recommended http://www.shaverlakerentals.com. However, we will not be held responsible for any misconceptions you may have regarding your cabin/condo. K&K Property Management will not transfer your reservation to another unit based on your mis-conceptions of the unit rented.
17. TELEPHONES: If your unit has a phone provided, you can only make local calls. To make a credit card call, you must dial 00 and an operator will help you. Calls to
18. PERSONAL PROPERTY & INJURY: Owner Insurance: Guests personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by Owner. Owner does not insure against personal injury to Guests due to any reason other than the condition of the unit. Slippery steps, decks or walk ways due to snow or ice are not considered a condition of the unit. Use caution during winter months to avoid injury. Guests agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the unit owner and K & K Property Management from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage or injury to guests or their personal property.
19. PERSONAL ITEMS LEFT IN RENTAL: Upon your departure, make sure you have packed everything you have brought with you. There will be a mandatory $25.00 charge, in addition to postage cost, for retrieval and mailing of personal items left in rental unit.
20. SUBJECT TO CHANGE: All information is believed to be accurate, but is not guaranteed. Prices and amenities are subject to change without notice. K & K Property Management reserves the right to cancel any reservation if the property is no longer available for rent or if in K & K Property Managements view is unsafe to rent. Occasionally guests are moved to different properties.
21. ENTRY: K & K Property Management has the right to enter the unit at any time (1) for the purpose of making necessary or agreed repairs, improvements, for maintenance, or to supply necessary or agreed services (2) to verify that Guests have complied with the terms of this agreement (3) show the property (with notice) to possible buyer (4) in case of emergency.
We appreciate your interest in our vacation cabins/condos. Our goal at K & K Property Management is to offer you a wide variety of cabins/condos at affordable rates, and of course to make your stay at beautiful